If you’re like me and the hundreds of other broke social media hipsters in Houston, you’re currently either whining about not being able to go to SXSW or figuring out a feasible way to go to SXSW. While I will offer up that H-town is getting some pretty nice overflow concerts in the next two weeks, I realize that the Interactive part of the festival is what you marketing/public relations/social media kids are all about. Whether you’re lucky enough to get to the festival itself or are stuck on the sidelines, SXSW offers plenty of entertainment and business opportunites:
- SHFL Overflow Shows
- Super Happy Fun Land is hosting overflow concerts almost every day between now and the 24th.
- Toro y Moi, Cloud Nothings, Reading Rainbow @ Fitzgerald’s, March 14th
- On Monday, get ready for some dramtastic guitars and chill beats.
- Starf*cker, Casio Kids @ Fitzgerald’s, March 20th
- If you’re like me and enjoy dancing to an extent that is well beyond social acceptability, then go give these guys a listen. Guaranteed you (and I) will find more of your kind at this show.
- BRAHMS, Superhumanoids @ The Mink, March 20th
- The Brooklyn group BRAHMS does some serious rocking out with live and programmed instruments. With plenty of tambourine.
- HoustonTXSW @ Republic Live, March 14th
- Twitter Oasis @ Icenhauer’s, March 14th
- Re-hydrate and hand out business cards.
- Tumblr @ Clive Bar, March 16th
- I am not going to post a link to my Tumblr here.
- March Into Softness @ Mohawk, March 18th
- Free all-day, all-ages, no-badge-required event w/ Ted Leo, Baths, + more.
Here’s to working hard, crashing all the parties, and coming home a #winner.